Your Responsibilities to the Student
Your responsibility as an SESPP volunteer is to represent the best interest of the student(s) you are appointed to, when decisions are being made regarding their special education. The responsibilities specific to this role are to:
- Act as a parent by fulfilling all rights associated with the role of the SESPP volunteer.
- Advocate in the best interest of the student.
- Attend other educational related meetings when you feel it is necessary.
- Maintain regular communication with the student's providers.
- Monitor the student's progress and special educational services provided.
- Maintain student records in your possession in an organized fashion.
- Respect the confidentiality of all records and information related to the student
Your Responsibilities to SESPP
- Return all required paperwork to SESPP, and keep the program updated about changes in the student's placement or status.
- Inform the SESPP in a timely manner of any changes in your ability to fulfill your volunteer rights and responsibilities. Change Report Form